MFEM is a lightweight, general, scalable C++ library for finite element methods. Its goal is to enable high-performance scalable finite element discretization research and application development on a wide variety of platforms, ranging from laptops to supercomputers. The latest release includes several improvements and new features, such as:
- Improved performance and GPU capabilities (e.g., extended partial assembly algorithms and device support, explicit vectorization on Intel and IBM platforms)
- Support for various solvers (e.g, CVODES from SUNDIALS)
- Support for matrix-free geometric h- and p-multigrid
- Meshing and discretization improvements (e.g, TMOP r-adaptivity, extended GSLIB-FindPoints integration)
- 18 new examples and miniapps
- and much more!