This is a huge release for LLNL’s VisIt visualization tool. The many new features include:
- Support for outputting Cinema databases
- Support for rendering 3D images using the OSPRay
- Enhancements that leverage VTK-m for some operations
- Custom animation behaviors in plots
- Ability to build expressions with support for OpenMP, letting them parallelize over multiple threads
The release notes also detail changes in GUI behavior, file format reader, plots, operators, expression language, configuration, and more.